Israel. Black and white photograph. Albert Salomon Collection, Leo Baeck Institute.In celebration of Yom Ha’atzmaut (Israel Independence Day):two books and an archival collection, relating to Israel,from each of our five partners.compiled by David P. Rosenberg, M.P.A., Senior Reference Librarian – Collections, Center for Jewish History
American Jewish Historical Society:
- Attitudes of American Jews toward Israel and Israelis : the 1983 national survey of American Jews and Jewish communal leaders
- Current Israeli attitudes toward American Jews : contexts, problems, and recommendations
- MACHAL [Mitnadvei Hutz LaAretz] and Aliyah Bet. Title MACHAL [Mitnadvei Hutz LaAretz] and Aliyah Bet Records. “The MACHAL, the acronym for “Mitnadvei Hutz LaAretz” (“Volunteers from Abroad”), consisted of about 3500 men and women from over 40 countries from a variety of social and religious backgrounds who volunteered to fight for the establishment of Israel.” Finding aid available online; click here.
American Sephardi Federation
- Ancient towns in Israel
- Thanksgiving prayers and readings : on the 11th Independence Day of the State of Israel
- Papers of Victor D. Sanua, Containing, in part, memorial books for Israeli soldiers, research on various Jewish topics, mainly the Jewish community of Egypt, the Middle East and Israel.
Leo Baeck Institute
- Zionist writings essays and addresses -Theodor Herzl
- Chaim Weizmann : statesman of the Jewish renaissance : the Chaim Weizmann centenary
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Collection – Memorandum of conversation between Franklin D. Roosevelt and King Ibn Saud concerning Zionism
YIVO Institute for Jewish Research
- The Jewish national fund (Keren Kayemeth Leisrael Ltd.) : its history, function and activity
- Conference on the Early History of Zionism in America
- Labor Zionist Organization of America – Poale Zion Collection
Yeshiva University Museum
- The Israelis : photographs of a day in May / by Amos Elon and 55 photographers
- Israel’s money and medals
- Papers of Kathryn M. Yochelson (1906- ) 1910 1948-2000. Papers collected by Kathryn Yochelson on Israeli art and artists.Click here to conduct your own search of the collections.
Happy Israel Independence Day!